- 4 thighs
- 1 cup diced onions (minced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 oz. achiote oil
- 4 sweet peppers (chopped)
- 1 cup red peppers (minced)
- ½ cup of “recao” (cilantro)
- 4 cups medium grain rice
- 5 cups chicken stock or water
- Green plantains
- Heat the pan and pour the achoite oil.
- Stir fry the thighs in a hot pan with onions, garlic and sweet pepper.
- After everything is stir fried, add the rice in the pan and the chicken stock.
- Allow the stock to evaporate, cover the pan and let it cook for approximately 20 min.
- Before it is done, add the “recao”.
- Peel the plantains
- Heat the pan with the oil.
- Cut them not to thick.
- Sumerge them in the hot oil.
- Take them out of the pan and flatten it.
- Put them back into the oil.
- Take them out and season them with a little salt.