- 5 Cups of ripe guavas
- 2 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 oz Heavy cream
- 8 oz Milk
- 5 oz sugar
- ½ oz Vainilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1oz Don Q Cristal (white rum)
- 3/4 cups Guava juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Versawhip
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Peel, cut in half and remove seeds.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat bring all ingredients together, uncovered without stirring, for about 1 hour and cook until temperatures reaches 220 degrees.
- Allow to cool, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a saucepan, combine half-and-half, sugar, orange peel and vanilla bean, and bring to a simmer.
- Add vanilla, and temper in yolks; cook to custard stage. Strain and cool in an ice bath.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl of a stand mixer and whip until light and fluffy.
- In a glass, serve the rum anglaise.
- Then place the guava shells and top with guava foam.